Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our Mother (Our Bosom)


Our Mother, which aren’t in heaven
Yet hallowed just the same

No kingdom come
Or will be done
But on earth as it is our haven

Eat we this day our daily bread
Forgiven of trespasses
Just as those who trespass against us

And learning from each our temptations
Is deliverance from evil

For time has no kingdom
And power no glory
But in the now of forever

Amen.




As a Christian atheist I devised this alternate to the conventional Lord's Prayer so that I could at least have something I could say in earnest when I join my Christian sisters and brothers in prayer.  Like most liturgy which is said by everyone with a reverent murmur, I suspect joining in with this arrangement won't even be noticed.  Let's admit it, we all still keep our subtleties in solidarity.











No comments:

Post a Comment